Work is now complete on phases 1 and 2, call in and see us!
Work has now been completed on the first two of many planned upgrades to the Community Centre, 2017 alone saw 65,000 visitors and numbers are increasing. Brampton and Beyond Community Trust who operate the Centre currently provide 21 local jobs, has 40 volunteers, deliver around 96 activities on a monthly basis at peak times. On top of this there are around six projects and services on site, like our Children’s Area, Community Meals and Brampton Community for Forces (click link above).
Most of you will have seen Bramble Court , it’s a new housing scheme and has around 40-50 residents.
Refurbishment proposals - The Community Centre Development Project (CCD for short)
We have identified that the works should be undertaken through a modular approach, a phased development, with certain areas taking priority over others, sometimes influenced by the funding or which is essential to undertake quickly. This would also mean that the Centre would not close as a whole during the refurbishments, rather just the sections that are being upgraded.
The modules are as follows:
1. Café refurbishment addition of activity spaces and reconfiguration and addition of new office
spaces, creating a business and enterprise hub
2. Link corridor, connecting the extra care housing scheme, creation of new lettings spaces, and
reconfiguration of current internals to include admin and Centre management spaces
3. Childrens Area – reconfiguration of toilets, children’s area and youth project spaces
4. Main Hall and Storage areas – refurbishment
5. The Hut Arts and Crafts Building/Youth support – refurbishment
6. Exterior works – landscaping and environmental improvements to outside spaces
The one omission to these modules is the refurbishment of the fitness and exercise areas. This is due to an emerging project to develop a Hydrotherapy pool and sensory project which may incorporate these areas and requires significant six/seven figure investment. This would eventually represent module 7.
If you want to know more, please contact: email@example.com